Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
What is a Patron Modal?
The Patron Modal is an alert tool that allows administrators to create an alert and specify where it is to be located on the website. Patrons must close the modal in order to carry on with their task, ensuring that each patron reads the alert. The patron will only see the alert once per browser session. These alerts can be used to announce holiday hours, unexpected closures, special events, and more.
Create a Patron Modal
To Create a Patron Modal:
- Navigate to the 'System Configuration' tile on your Dashboard and open the 'Site Configuration' tile
- Select the 'Patron Settings' tab at the bottom of the blue tab menu on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click on the 'Enabled' button
- Select the 'Popup Location' choose from the 'Front Page' 'Patron Account Page' or enter a specific URL to any page on your site
- Enter a title in the title field
- Enter your alert text in the 'Body' field
- Click on 'Save Configuration'
To Disable a Patron Modal
- Toggle off the 'Enabled' button to disable your Patron Modal